TexTESOL IV Board & Committee Nominations
TexTESOL IV BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBERSHIP
• Our membership consists of educators from all levels: elementary, secondary, higher education, and adult education.
• Our common mission is to advance professional expertise in English language teaching and learning for speakers of other languages.
• We strive to maintain a working volunteer board that represents the needs and concerns of all of the educational levels we serve.
ARTICLE IV – BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBERSHIP
Section 1. The members of the Board of Directors of TexTESOL IV shall be President, Past President, President-Elect, Conference Chair, Conference Chair-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, Newsletter Editor, Conference Program Chair, Conference Registration Chair, Membership Coordinator, Historian, Advocacy, Webmaster, and two Members-At-Large.
Section 2. All nominees for an office shall be members in good standing of TexTESOL IV.
Section 3. A Board member may be dismissed for failure to perform duties as listed under their terms of office or for missing three meetings during a membership year subject to Board decision per approved Board procedures.
Section 4. The terms of office shall begin and end at the annual conference.
Section 5. The terms of office of the Board members shall be as follows:
• President: The term shall be for one year; the president may not serve successive terms. The president shall serve an additional consecutive year in the capacity of Past President.
• Past President: The term shall be for one year; the past president may not serve successive terms
• President-Elect: The term shall be for one year.
• Conference Chair: The term shall be for one year.
• Conference Chair-Elect: The term shall be for one year.
• Secretary: The term shall be for two years.
• Treasurer: The term shall be for two years.
• Newsletter Editor: The term shall be for two years.
• Conference Program Chair: The term shall be two years.
• Conference Registration Chair: The term shall be two years.
• Membership Coordinator: The term shall be two years.
• Historian: The term shall be two years.
• Advocacy: The term shall be two years.
• Webmaster: The term shall be two years.
• Members-At-Large: The term shall be one year.
Details of stated duties for Board Members are found in the TexTESOL IV Bylaws which may be accessed on the TexTESOL IV website http://textesoliv.org/about-us/by-laws/
TexTESOL IV 2019-2020 BOARD MEMBERSHIP POSITIONS
TexTESOL IV Board Positions are open for new and renewal nominations for the next membership year. Details of stated duties for Board Members are found in the TexTESOL IV Bylaws that may be accessed on the TexTESOL IV website: http://textesoliv.org/about-us/by-laws/
Please read the Bylaws to become familiar with duty requirements if you wish to make a nomination.
Please note that Board positions require a minimum 5-hour commitment per month, including participation in Board meetings and Conference Committee meetings, if designated. Many of these meetings are held as online video conference meetings. However, duties and time commitments may be greater at some times than others depending on activities of the Board, such as, preparing for and during the Regional Conference.
Nominees must be current members of TexTESOL IV. TexTESOL IV members are welcome to nominate themselves. If you are not currently a member of TexTESOL IV and would like join, please access the Membership form on our website: http://textesoliv.org/membership/membership-form/
If you are interested in making a nomination for a TexTESOL IV Board position, please submit a letter outlining interest and a brief resume along with membership confirmation: email@example.com
You will receive a follow-up email confirming receipt of your nomination information.
Call for Nominations
Would you like to make a nomination?
You will need the following information:
1. Basic Contact and Demographic information
2. Related Experience Information (brief)
3. Statement of Motivation (what do you want to learn)
4. Service Vision (what do you want to give).
5. Two (2) References
6. Your resume or CV
Do Not Fill This Out